Would you like to be commissioned to paint your artwork onto a traffic signal box?
SIGNAL BOX is a City of Hobart initiative managed by Urban Smart Projects.
Who can participate?
- Those who live, work or study within the City of Hobart. To view a Council area map click here.
- Artists under eighteen years old are encouraged to apply
- Community groups are encouraged to apply
- Artists can work on this project alone or in a small group
- Artists who have painted previously can apply.
Who cannot apply?
- Employees of the City of Hobart
- Applications for Signal Box 2023 must be submitted and artwork examples emailed (if applicable) before 5:00pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) on Monday 02 October 2023. See Page 4 of the EOI for submission details.
- Successful artists will be notified on or before Thursday 12 October 2023.
- Design submissions from selected artists are to be provided by Monday 09 November 2023.
- Painting dates will be negotiated with each approved artist within the painting period from 20 November 2023 until end of January 2024. Painting of each box needs to be completed within two weeks or three weekends, weather permitting.
View the full EOI, which includes an appendix with map links to each of the selected signal boxes, by clicking on the download button below.