As always, Urban Smart Projects is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all workers, contractors, clients and members of the public.
In order to comply with the government’s social distancing rules and help reduce the spread of Corona virus we have determined that:
- only one person can paint a traffic signal box (TSB) at a time (unless you are from a family unit that reside together);
- a maximum of two people can paint a larger Electrical Padmount Transformer (EPT) at a time; and
- only two people can be on site at any one time (e.g. a guardian/supervisor on site).
What are Urban Smart Projects doing?:
- working remotely and practicing social distancing and good hygiene;
- cleaning packs and contents with an appropriate cleaning products;
- couriering equipment packs to participant’s homes rather than Council Ward offices
What artists are asked to do:
- practice good hygiene and social distancing (see below);
- before handling the equipment pack wipe down the exterior with either:
- alcohol wipes,
- a solution of soap and water;
- or use disposable gloves
- contact is if you have any concerns about completing your project.
Good hygiene includes:
- covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue;
- disposing of tissues properly;
- washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet;
- using alcohol-based hand sanitisers;
- cleaning and disinfecting surfaces;
- if you are sick, avoiding contact with others and staying more than 1.5 metres away from people; and
- clean and sanitise frequently used objects such as mobiles, keys and wallets.
Social distancing includes:
- staying at home when you are unwell;
- avoiding large public gatherings;
- keeping a distance of 1.5 metres between you and other people whenever possible; and
- minimising physical contact.