Over 90% of people report that painting an artwork on a street cabinet is fun. Participating in this initiative gives you a chance to make a valuable contribution to your neighbourhood.
Painting a street cabinet with your original artwork will:
- Get your art on the street
- Grow your art practice
- Make your neighbourhood look beautiful
- Develop a sense of community
- Provide you with healthy challenges
- Grow your connection to your neighbourhood
- Help you meet people you would not otherwise meet
- Foster your sense of community pride
- Probably make you feel proud and happy
Plus...artworked street cabinets are rarely graffitied. A 2007 study found that 84% of artworks remain free of graffiti for six years (Artforce - An Empirical Report). With the estimated cost of graffiti in Australia being $2.7 billion each year (Keep Australia Beautiful) we think it's a win win!